Pays de la Loire
Take in the stunning coastline, stroll around small traditional towns and villages, and see unspoilt landscapes shaped by the Loire River.
The best way to explore the Pays de la Loire area is by walking the narrow streets and discovering the many castles, cathedrals and half-timbered houses that make up the scenery. Whilst taking in the sights stop at one of the vineyards and try some of the wine that the region is renowned for.
Major towns and cities
- Nantes – capital of the region
- Le Mans – home of the 24-hours Le Mans motor race
- Laval – full of medieval churches, bridges and portions of city walls
- Saumur – historic town surrounded by vineyards
- Cadre Noir – see the popular horse performances
- Castle of Angers – an imposing and historical limestone fortress
- Cathedrale de Saint-Pierre et Saint-Paul – gothic cathedral and tombs
- La Nuit des Chimeres – free lightshow on to the cathedral, summer months only
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 316 101. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
How do I purchase Camping Cheques?
A minimum of five Camping Cheques must be bought along with a ferry crossing as a package. You can purchase your cheques and ferry via the Club by calling the Travel Team on 01342 316 101.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.