Île-de-France caravan and motorhome campsites
The Île-de-France is a wealthy region surrounding the capital city of France. At its heart, Paris is known as the ‘City of Love’ and the ‘City of Light’. Well known for its diverse culture and many sights, its gourmet delights are something not to be missed. From small patisseries to some of the most expensive restaurants in the world, all palettes will be catered for. It is full of famous landmarks, museums, artworks and historical figures.
Major towns and cities
- Paris – the iconic capital city with many world famous landmarks and museums
- Fontainebleau – renowned for its large and scenic forest and historical château
- Versailles – home of the magnificent Palace of Versailles and other historical sites
- Rambouillet - a smart town to the south west with a 14th century chateau
- Eiffel Tower– one of the most famous and iconic landmarks in the world
- Disneyland Paris - the most visited theme park in all of Europe
- Château Fontainebleau – a grand palace that was once a favourite of Napoléon
- Chateau de Chantilly – a historical site, surrounded by forests and lakes and fabulous royal stables
- Château du Coucy – one of the largest defensive structures in France
- Parc Asterix - a great theme park based on the adventures of Asterix and his friends
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas campsite bookings can easily be made on the Club website and "combined deals" are common when you book a campsite at the same time as your ferry crossing. Booking online means you save the £10 Contact Centre booking fee.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European campsites are star-rated by their own local authorities and can have different standards and regulations to the UK. However, the Club's travel team handpick and inspect our campsites so that members can be sure of a high standard.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.