With 350 miles of coastline, including the white cliffs at Etretat and the famous D-Day beaches, Normandy is an ideal destination for those looking for a unique break away. Convenient to get to, Normandy is perfect for a short stay or as a base for thoroughly discovering this enchanting region.
Normandy boasts picturesque villages, beautiful countryside, cathedral cities like Rouen and of course some of the most famous historical sites in Europe.
Visits to the D-Day landing beaches are a must, as is a day trip to the Benedictine abbey of Mont St Michel, perched on top of a 160ft granite rock.
A visit to the town of Bayeux to see the beautiful Bayeux tapestry depicting the 1066 conquest of England is also a must.
Major towns and cities
- Rouen – in the heart of Normandy and home to many historical landmarks
- Caen – founded in the 11th century by William the Conqueror
- Bayeux – a medieval town with cobbled streets, famous for its cathedral and tapestry
- Camembert – traditional and picturesque village, famous for its cheese
- Monet’s House and Gardens – beautiful gardens that inspired the impressionist’s most famous works
- Museum of the Battle of Normandy – details and accounts of the famous battle
- Palais de la Benedictine – housing a historical distillery and museum
- Rue du Gros-Horloge – an ancient cathedral, market place and astronomical clock tower
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online or by phoning 01342 316 101. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
You can choose to pay a £75 deposit on campsite bookings, if your departure date is over eight weeks away. The outstanding balance must be cleared eight weeks before travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
How do I purchase Camping Cheques?
A minimum of five Camping Cheques must be bought along with a ferry crossing as a package. You can purchase your cheques and ferry via the Club by calling the Travel Team on 01342 316 101.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.