Nord Pas de Calais
Located at the northern most point of France, Nord Pas-de-Calais is famous for the large continental ports along its coastline and its connections with the rest of Europe.
Many military cemeteries and memorials can be found in this region due to its historical links with WWI and WWII. Monuments in memory of the men and women who fought for their countries have been maintained in peaceful areas for visitors.
Whether travelling through en-route to the rest of France and Europe, or staying to soak up the history of the region, this area will not disappoint with its many landmarks and sights to see.
Major towns and cities
- Arras – filled with historical squares and a magnificent town hall
- Calais – a popular port used as a gateway to France
- Dunkerque – famous for the beach landings in WWII
- Lille – lively markets and elegant shops line the streets of this cultural city
- Calais Town Hall– a magnificent piece of architecture
- La Coupole – secret military base constructed by the German army
- Lille Grande Place – main square where the 17th-century Vielle Bourse is located
- Musee d’Art et d’Industrie – old municipal pool and baths converted into a museum
Did you know you could save money when you book your ferry crossing and campsite or overseas site night vouchers together?
How do I book an overseas site?
Overseas site bookings can be made online. Discounts are common when you combine a site booking with your ferry or Eurotunnel crossing.
Does the Club take deposits for overseas bookings?
Yes, deposits for overseas bookings are calculated at 20% for a site and 25% for a ferry (unless it is a non-refundable ferry/Eurotunnel in which case full payment is due at time of booking). The final balance is due 10 weeks prior to travel.
Is the standard of overseas sites similar to that of the UK?
European sites are star-rated by local authorities and will have different standards and regulations to the UK. The Club's site inspectors ensure they are of a high standard for our members.
This is my first visit abroad with my caravan/motorhome. How can the Club help?
The Club's first time abroad section explains everything you need to know about going on your first overseas touring holiday.