Get creative with new recipes for your Big Little Tent Festival!
Hot chocolate drinks stall
Get creative with your favourite hot drink! Make hot chocolate extra special with super toppings and treats. Don’t forget, the bigger your mug the more chocolatey goodness you can put in!
Toppings and treats suggestions
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Candy canes
- Chocolate, caramel, or strawberry sauce
- Chopped up caramel bits
- Toffee bites
- Chopped nuts
- Cookies or Pretzel sticks
What to do
1. Mix powder with warmed milk. Make sure you leave room for your extra ingredients and toppings
2. Add in all your favourite sweet and chocolatey treats and stir well.
3. Add your toppings and sprinkles
4. Take a sip and enjoy!
Easter Bunny trail mix
The kids will love to get involved in making this fun and delicious Easter Bunny Trail Mix. It can also be packaged up into paper cups or bags and makes a great gift!
- 2 cups popcorn
- 1 cup Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Mini Eggs
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- 100g / 3oz white chocolate
What to do
1. Mix all the ingredients except the white chocolate together in a bowl and pour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle this on top of the mixture.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
4. Break the mixture up and place it into bowls or bags.
Easter egg biscuits
Makes 8 biscuits, perfect for sharing with your family!
- 100g butter, softened
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g plain flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 level tsp mixed spice
- 1-2 tsp milk (if required) 1 egg white
- 225g icing sugar, sifted
- Food colouring gels and sprinkles to decorate
What to do
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg yolk.
3. Add the flour and mixed spice, and mix to form a stiff dough. If too dry, add 1-2 tsp milk until it comes together.
4. Roll out half of the dough on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick. Bend an 8cm cutter into an egg shape. Cut out 8 biscuits, rerolling the scraps if needed. Arrange the biscuits on one of the trays and repeat with the other half of the dough.
5. Bake for 8-10mins, until pale golden around the edges. Leave to cool on the baking trays for 5mins, then put on a rack to cool completely.
6. Lightly beat the egg white until frothy. Gradually beat in the icing sugar until smooth.
7. Divide between a few bowls and colour each one differently with a little of the food gel. Ice the biscuits and decorate with sprinkles. Leave to set.